- This event has passed.
CTT Solutions – Pistol Mounted Optics Course
May 27 @ 9:00 am - May 28 @ 5:00 pm$600
The CTT-Solutions PMO Course is an aggressive 2-day immersion into use of a Pistol Mounted Optic.
This course does not require that the shooter be an experienced RDS shooter, but it does require that they be an overall experienced and competent shooter. The course is very heavy on repetition and places an extreme premium on correct technique.
*** The primary intention of this course is to leave you with useful skills and quantifiable gains in performance that are repeatable on demand under stress. ***
Cost per student is $600
Topics include but are not limited to:
1. Benefits and drawbacks of RDS over Iron sights
2. RDS types and selection
3. Benefits of different reticle designs and dot dimensions
4. Proper draw and presentation
5. Proper vision strategies
6. Use with multiple targets
7. Down optic drills
a. Inoperable (battery issue or broken circuitry)
b. Window degraded (foreign debris or cracked lens)
c. Occluded optic (filled with foreign substance that cannot be immediately dislodged
· Minimum of 2 magazine pouches and 4 magazines ***
· Dark and clear eye pro (for different lighting conditions)
· Hearing protection (electric is highly recommended)
· Maintenance equipment and spare batteries.
· Hat (optional but recommended)
· 1000 rounds of handgun ammunition (this is a shooting intensive course; we will use it)
Mike Pannone is a former operational member of U.S. Marine Reconnaissance, Army Special Forces (Green Beret) and 1st SFOD-D (Delta Force) as well as a competition USPSA pistol shooter holding a Master class ranking in Limited, Limited-10 and Production divisions. He has participated in stabilization, combat and high-risk protection operations in support of U.S. policies throughout the world as both an active duty military member, and a civilian contractor.
Specifically, in conduct of his duties as both a Special Operations soldier and a high-risk contractor, he has carried a handgun, trained others in the use of a handgun, and carried one as part of force protection and or combat operations.
The following countries he has carried a handgun as force protection and/or for combat operations or high-risk protection operations.
· Papua New Guinea – force protection due to extraordinarily high crime rates and lawlessness
· Haiti – during operations in Port Au Prince and while conducting training with Nepalese Contingent to MNF
· Direct Action operations with 1st SFOD-D (Delta Force)
· Bosnia/Croatia/Srpska/Serbia as part of the formal protection detail for Gen Meigs, COM/SFOR in Bosnia
· High Risk protection Iraq
· Combat operations Iraq
· Training and force protection in Kuwait
Mike has conducted dedicated instructor development training for and with but not limited to the following organizations:
· Created and implemented pistol training curriculum for the Federal Air Marshal Service as the head range instructor at the school in Atlantic City
· Created and implemented pistol training curriculum for the Seattle Field Office as the head in-service instructor.
· Created and implemented pistol, rifle and tactics curriculum for the Asymmetric Warfare Group, taught to every element of the 82nd Airborne Division prior to their deployment on the IZ surge in 2007.
· US Army 82nd Airborne Division 1/325 PIR
· USMC- 1st and 3rd SOTG, Marine Security Forces (pistol and rifle)
· US Navy Special Warfare (pistol and rifle)
· US Navy EOD (pistol and rifle)
· US Secret Service (pistol and rifle)
· Federal Bureau of Investigations (vehicle tactics, pistol and rifle)
· US Drug Enforcement Agency (vehicle tactics, pistol and rifle)
· LA Sheriff’s Department (pistol and rifle)
· Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Department (pistol and rifle)
· Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department (CQB, pistol and rifle)
· Riverside Sheriff’s Department (pistol and rifle)
· Kuwaiti Special Forces Special Police (urban tactics, pistol and rifle)