- This event has passed.
AT – Introduction To Handgun – August 5 2023 MORNING
August 5 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Description: This is designed to create a solid foundation for new shooters, first time handgun owners, those preparing to get their concealed carry or those who have never taken a training course. The course focus is safe weapon handling and becoming familiar with grip, stance, sight alignment/sight picture and trigger control. Both iron sight and red dot handguns are welcome.
The classroom portion will give an overview of handguns as well as a workshop with inert guns to go over the fundamentals of shooting. During this time, a UTM gun will be used with SBR (Silent Blank Rounds) ammo in order to cycle the gun. Students will also be able to use their own handgun in this dryfire workshop. Each student will have the opportunity to participate in this workshop in order to get the technique down prior to the range time.
Objective: Understand how to safely shoot your handgun while also having a knowledge of how it functions. By the end of the course you will feel more confident in your ability to use your firearm.
Length: 5 hour Course (2.5 hours in classroom and 2 hours on the range with some breaks).
Pre-requisites: None. This is an entry level course. However, regardless of your firearm experience we tailor the course based off student’s skillset so all levels will improve.
- Open Mind
- 150 rounds of reliable ammunition
- Handgun Holster (Leather, shoulder, cross-draw or SERPA holsters are PROHIBITED)
- 2 magazines (Bring more if you have them, especially if you have a single stack).
- Sturdy belt for holster.
- Notepad and pen (Take Notes!)
- Sharpie or Marker.
- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic ear protection is preferred)
- Shoes or boots, no open toe or sandals
- Seasonal weather gear (i.e. rain, cold). We shoot rain or shine.
- Range appropriate attire. No low cut shirts.
- Water/Drinks (The Range has no facilities but does have a Porta Potty. We will be providing some water but if you have a specific preference of brand or would like something else please bring it).
*We have a limited number of Rental Guns & Equipment available for rent. Contact us for more details.
Class Size: Max of 6 students per class.
BONUS ITEMS: To be provided during and after the course.
- All students will receive a target packet to take after the course for use in their personal practice.
Select “More Info” link below for complete course equipment list, pricing and more information.