- This event has passed.
AT – Handgun Fundamentals – August 7th 2021
August 7, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Length: 5 hour Course on the range
Course Start Time: 9:00 AM
Description: This course is for those who are just getting into training or for those who haven’t taken a training course in a while and need to kick the dust off. It is recommended to take this course after Introduction to Handgun or the Utah CCW but it is not required.
The Handgun Fundamentals course is designed to teach you everything you need to know in order to safely use a handgun. The focus is the fundamentals and along with basic firearm safety, you will learn, grip, stance, sight alignment/sight picture, trigger control, loading, unloading, and how to safely secure a firearm.
Depending on how the class progresses we will also work on how to safely draw and holster your firearm.
Objective: Be familiar enough with your handgun where you are safe, confident and accurate with it.
Pre-requisites: Anyone who can display safe firearm handling throughout the course. Although there are no pre-requisites other than safety it is important to understand the following:
This is NOT an entry level course. Before taking this course you should be semi-familiar with your firearm and understand safety. If you have never taken a training course it might be better to start on the Introduction to Handgun course. If you have any questions please contact us.
- 300 rounds of quality factory ammo (no reloads)
- Handgun Holster (Leather, shoulder, cross-draw or SERPA holsters are PROHIBITED)
- Magazine Holster.
- 2 magazines (Bring more if you have them, especially if you have a single stack).
- Sturdy belt for holster.
- Notepad and pen (Take Notes!)
- Sharpie or Marker
- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic ear protection is preferred)
- Shoes or boots, no open toe or sandals
- Seasonal weather gear (i.e. rain, cold). We shoot rain or shine.
- Range appropriate attire. No low cut shirts.
- Water (Bring lots as the range has no facilities).
Recommended Equipment: See event link below for complete course equipment list.