Pistol Skills Development with Greybeard Actual
June 25, 2022 - June 26, 2022$550
Great Basin Tactical is proud to host Greybeard Actual
If you don’t know Matt, you should. He’s a former SF dude from the 20th group and was a SWAT supervisor in a very large city. He said if I told anyone where he’d have to kill me.
Pistol Skills Development
This two-day course focuses on the mechanics of marksmanship at speed with a pistol. This course is not about tactics, but instead is about skill with the firearm. Your skill at shooting drives your tactics, and the ability to make a shot with precision, rapidly, and under pressure, is of paramount importance. Our goal is for every student to finish this class with a deeper understanding of how to construct their personal training in order to improve as efficiently as possible.
- Fundamental principles of marksmanship at speed
- Efficiency and consistency of weapons manipulation at speed
- Movement principles for application of shooting technique
- Technical efficiency and individual optimization of technique
- Isolation of skills and training methodology for improvement
- Technical experimentation in training
- Complex drills for training skills in aggregate
- Maximizing performance under pressure
- Creating a feedback loop for maximizing efficiency of training
- Good health and a fitness level sufficient for strenuous physical activity. All our classes incorporate vigorous athletic movement.
- All our classes require safe weapons handling at an unconsciously competent level of skill. This includes drawing from a holster, reholstering, reloads, and weapons safety during dynamic movement and under physical and mental stress. Flagrant or negligent unsafe actions will result in removal from a class without refund.
- Serviceable pistol of 9mm or larger caliber, minimum 3 magazines (6 for single stack guns), belt, holster and at a minimum two mag pouches capable of retaining weapon and magazines during strenuous movement. Minimum 1,000 rounds of ammunition, although more is recommended. Eye/ear protection for range. No Serpa holsters or soft nylon/leather holsters permitted in class.
We provide advanced training in firearms, tactics, and combatives to law enforcement, military, private security contractors, and responsible armed citizens. Our training model draws on decades of operational, competitive and instructional experience, and our sole goal is to enable our students to master their craft as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Our primary instructor, Matthew Little, is a US Army Special Forces combat veteran who has extensive law enforcement experience, including serving as training coordinator and an operational supervisor on a major metropolitan SWAT team, and has worked as a government contractor in non-permissive environments. Additionally, Matt is a lifelong martial artist and former national level competitor. He is also ranked as a master class shooter with pistol and carbine by both the US Practical Shooting Association and the International Defensive Pistol Association. Matt has also received numerous tactical shooting skill awards, including Turbo Pin #14, Three Sevens Coin #33, and the Refactor Tactical Kill Card patch. He has instructed foreign and US military personnel and police officers, martial artists, and civilians. This instructional experience was not solely academic, as he was usually then leading his students operationally either in combat or in arguably the most violent major city in North America. Along with his operational, competitive, and instructional experience, Matt is passionate about his own training. He has completed numerous military and law enforcement training courses and continues to train with many of the industry’s top instructors as often as possible.